So I have been craving pizza for a long time now! Like seriously craving! So I went to make the crust I was going to, and my almond meal was in the freezer. Ummmm, talk about a brick! Sheesh! Brilliant move, Mrs. AKA…….
“Plan B. Wait? I don’t have a plan B! Ahhhhhhh!” Scrambling for my tablet and Google. *Le Sigh* The problem with most GF pizza crust recipes is that they either take 50 bagillion flours that I DON’T HAVE, or… which was a problem this time… take a GF All Purpose flour, and I was out of that! I looked at countless recipes, and was ready to send Mr. AKA to the store when…. “AHA!!! I found it!!!” I had found what I needed! Our Gluten Free Family had a recipe for crust that was so easy, and… shocker… I had all the flours it took!!!!
Honestly, that reason I first even considered this recipe was because they referenced my favorite GF store bought pizza crust! Hmmmm, I know they have great taste buds 😉 So I was game!
Boy am I glad I did! This crust was delicious, nutritious and soooooooooooo easy to make!!!! I made it 2 different ways. For my son, I made it into two 8″ pizzas, but for mine, I took and made one 16″ pizza, and honestly, it worked great both ways! The crust was sooo soft and tasted AMAZING! Even Mr. AKA tried it and said it did NOT taste GF! Woohoo! We have a winner and a keeper ladies and gentlemen!
Gluten Free Pizza Crust
1 1/3 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup potato starch
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1 package active dry yeast(I did 2 1/4 tsp)
1 tsp sugar
1 2/3 tsp salt *I had to do a rough measure, as I don’t have 1/3 tsp measure*
1 1/3 tsp xanthan gum
2 large egg whites
2 Tbsp EVVOO
3/4 cup warm water
1) Mix dry ingredients together
2) Add wet ingredients and stir or beat until combined.
3) Divide dough into 2 equal pieces *This is where I did it two different ways*
4) Place on floured piece of parchment. *Again, I did it different. I just put a little bit of brown rice flour and a little potato starch right on the pan and just put the dough right on the pan*
5) Using floured fingers, press into 8″ round circle. If you want perfect edges, the use an 8″ plate and just trim off the rough edges.
6) Cover loosely with plastic and a dish towel. *I used a piece of wax paper with foil over that and then a towel, as I was out of plastic wrap! It worked perfectly!*
7) Let rise for 30 minutes. *Ok, so mine was for longer then that, due to timing all the pizzas last night. So they got some nice “puff” to them*
8) Bake at 450F for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, top with your favorite toppings, and bake for an additional 10 minutes. *Again, missed this step with the first pizza and just cooked it all at once, without pre-cooking the crust… oops! But it came out perfect! I did it right the second time, and it was delicious too!*
9) Eat it and enjoy!!!!!
I topped mine with my favorite pasta sauce, feta cheese(as I can’t have regular cheese), fresh spinach, onions, sliced garlic cloves, and fresh mushrooms! It. Was. Amazing!? Little Mr. AKA 2 had his with pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese and turkey bacon. His favorite! He LOVED the crust! Yay! This is definitely a keeper!